Monday, June 27, 2011

Moving on...

Yaateeh,
Well I served in my first area for about four and a half months, and now I'm moving. Tomorrow I will be going to Crown point. It's not to far away it's on the other side of Gallup. I will be in the Gallup Zone. It should be pretty fun. My new companion's name is Elder Akaka I think he is from Hawaii. He has been out one less transfer then me, but it should be pretty fun. I really wish I was staying here but I am ready for a new companion. I haven't heard much about Crown point other then whenever I tell somebody they laugh and say there is nothing out there! So we will see how it goes. However it will be good to meet and work with new people. So I am excited for that.
This past Saturday Joanne was suppose to get baptized but it didn't happen. She was really suppose to get baptized like three weeks ago but keeps pushing it back. We told her how Satan is going to work on her and that he is going to do all he can to keep her from coming closer to Heavenly Father, and she is letting him succeed. It is really disappointing to see people put off what they know is right. I really wish I was staying here we have some new investigators that are really awesome. One family, Marty and Phillacita Wood, are really awesome. They don't have much of a background in religion but they are so accepting of everything. We set a date for them to get baptized on the 16. Then Tex and Kristine who we have been working with for a while got their marriage license. They have been ready to get baptized for a while now they just need to get married. So they are taking the steps and should be ready to get baptized this month. So that is pretty exciting. I wish I could be here for some of these things.
Sounds like the Fair went pretty good. I miss being there. That is unfortunate that Aub's pig got sick. I guess those thing's happen. That's pretty cool that Jimmer is going to the King's. I guess we will See how that goes.
Well I better get going. I hope you all have a wonderful day and fantastic week! I will let you know my address as soon as I get it. I love you all!
Love,
Elder Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment