Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Awesome week!

Yaateeh everybody,
 This past week has been a pretty awesome one. I didn't even realize that the second was this week, that means I have been out for four months already. It does not seem like it has been that long. This past Wednesday two of our investigators, Joseph and Joanne got married. That was pretty exciting to see them be obedient and follow the commandments so that they can enter into the waters of baptism. I didn't know this, but ever since we talked to them about the Law of Chastity, Joseph would sleep out on the couch. We had an appointment with them on Thursday after they got married and they jokingly said that we had to bring them a cake now. So, on Saturday we had to go to Gallup to get our oil changed so we bought a cake and took it over to them. I made them cut it and feed each other just like they do in wedding's. It was pretty fun!

So this week I participated in my first butchering. Sandra, one of our recent converts, daughter wanted mutton ribs for her graduation party, so we asked if we could come over and help. I was going to cut the head off but her dad just did it instead. Which is probably a good thing because I most likely would have messed up and cut the wrong spot. So here are some pictures of that. We did eat her later that day. I don't know why they like mutton so much, I think lamb is much better! But if you wrap it in a fry bread then it's not to bad. There was a fair this week with a Rodeo. It reminded me of being home and going to the fairs growing up, except for the fact that I couldn't participate in it.

Well I better get going. I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all!

Love,

Elder Schmidt

 Elder Schmidt still loving the animals! As close to home as he can get!

  Joseph and Joanne cutting the cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment