Sunday, June 19, 2011

Yaateeh!
Well this week flew by! We were just driving back from working out and we were talking about what we did last P-day and it seems like it was just yesterday! The time seems to go faster and faster every week. We are in week 5 of the transfer and there is a pretty good chance that I will be leaving at the end of this transfer, there are six weeks in a transfer. President usually does not leave a companionship together for more then two transfers which is three months. It doesn't seem like Elder Smith and I have been together for three months already. I don't even remember last transfer.
We had an alright week this week. Joseph and Joanne our two investigators who got married last week are suppose to get baptized this week. We met with them on Saturday to talk about some things. Joanne is ready to be baptized but Joseph is still having some problems with the word of wisdom. We told them that he would have to be over it for two weeks before he could get baptized so he wouldn't be able to get baptized this week. Joanne took it pretty hard and told us that if he wasn't going to get baptized then she wasn't. We talked to her for a while about it and she told us how she has prayed about it and it's something she knows she needs to do. I kills me to see someone that has such a desire and knows they need to do it, yet they are going to let one little thing stand in their way. We told her that it's not like he can't get baptized we just have to keep working with him on the word of wisdom and then he can. She promised me that she would ask Heavenly Father what she should do, so I need to call and talk to her. On a better note; this week the ward is doing a temple trip with a focus on getting our recent converts to do baptisms for the dead. Sandra and Terrance are both going. In order for Terrance to go he had to get the priesthood. We set an appointment up for him to meet with the bishop before church. Bishop had PEC so the interview was really early at 7:30, but Terrance made it here before bishop did(not surprising). So during priesthood I had the opportunity to do a first in my life. He asked me to be the one to lay my hands on his head and confer the Aaronic priesthood to him and ordain him to the office of a priest. That was a really awesome experience to have that opportunity. I have stood in on ordinations but never have been the mouth piece. It was really awesome.
This week we helped some members move. They needed some sewer and water lines dug so we went to help them. We started by digging by hand using shovels. If you knew how hard the ground is around here you would realize that it would have taken us all year to complete this project. So, after about an hour they decided to rent President Brown's backhoe. They were operating it at first, but they are some older people and couldn't really get the hang of it. So, they asked if we had any experience running one. I had the most of any of us which was close to none, but I gave it a try. I actually did pretty good. I got the hang of it, it was fun.
Well I better get going. I hope you all have a wonderful week! I pray for all of you. I love you very much!
Love your favorite servant of the Lord,
 
Elder Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment