Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

Hello Everybody!!!
Well Crownpoint is much smaller then St. Michaels and Window Rock. Yes Natalie it is very brown, not to many people. However, there is still a lot of work to be done because when Sacrament started yesterday there was only like ten people there, and that was including us and the branch President. More people did show up after we started but not everybody in town that is for sure. Most of the people here have been baptized at some point in their life but have fallen away for one reason or another. it is pretty common with these people. Yesterday in Priesthood we were talking with one of the counselors in the Branch Presidency and he was telling us about his conversion and some of the things that he thinks need to be talked about with the people to get them back to church. It was really good it gave me some ideas on things we need to talk to people about. It was really good to get the perspective of someone like that.
I didn't want to leave St. Michaels but this is where the Lord has called me to serve so I will go forward faithfully and serve the best I can. I guess I must be doing something right because there were many members that said they were sad to see me leave and Joanne even cried when we went to say good bye to her. I hope she continues. I was really worried to leave the area because Elder Smith had a real hard time remembering people and where they live, so I am keeping in touch with them to make sure he is still going to see certain people. Elder Akaka has been out less time then I have. We get along pretty good. He is kind of shy as well but we work well together. I was ready for a new companion. We are going to work hard together.
Well I better get going. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all. Have a happy fourth of july!!! We are going to have a bbq with some members and they have some fireworks so we can watch.
Love,
Elder Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment