Monday, January 9, 2012

Yaateeh every body!
Well we had another really good week here in Blanding and it looks like this week will be amazing too! We have a baptism coming up this week. Keosha Benally is getting baptized!! I am soo excited! When we started working with her she had no real belief in Jesus Christ or God. It is amazing what the Spirit can do! I just look back and see the difference in her life and how she has changed, and it is another testimony to me that the Gospel of Jesus Christ truly does bless lives. It has been kind of difficult because her family is really abusive and non-supportive. Her family lives down on the Res in Montezuma Creek but she lives up here with some members. Her family has really held her back but when we finally set a date with her she made up her mind and stuck to it. It was really surprising to me how it all worked out. So it will be a wonderful week! It always is, especially when you have a baptism.
Well I got all of your pictures! Thank you very much! Dad I haven't received your letter but should probably get it today, so thank you! It is crazy to think how much all of those little ones are going to change in the next year (did a just say a year, where did the last year go to). It sounds like Ryan and Austin are pretty excited about their new puppy. That must be fun.
Its hard to believe that it is week 5 of the transfer. It seems like we just went down to Farmington to pick up Elder Moncur. The time seems to go by faster and faster. It does not seem like I have been out for 11 months. I forgot how long I had been out, and then I realized and i really freaked me out. I have waited 19 years for this opportunity and now it will be over before I know it. I hope that I can look back with no regrets.
Last P-day a member took us out to natural bridges then to goosnecks national park and then to monument valley. So these are some pictures of those. It sounds like a plan to me to plan a trip to go to Monument Valley after I get back. It is really beautiful there! They are actually building a new chapel down there. The Mexican Hat chapel will be closing and they are moving it there. It sounds like it is going to be a really good move. It is coming along pretty good, they were roofing it last week.
Well I hope you all have a wonderful week! I know I am! (mosiah 2: 22-24) I love you all!
Love,
Elder Schmidt



 

No comments:

Post a Comment