Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 1 in Winslow!

Hello everybody!

Things here in Winslow are going pretty good. It is definitely a lot different then Blanding. It is not so green and there is a lot more people. The work here is much much slower then it is in Blanding as well. My new companions name is Elder Taylor and he is from Oroville. So not to far away from you back home. He is really awesome we get along really well and have a lot of things in common. It is kind of fun to have a companion that is close back home so that we can stay acquainted. He is a pretty funny kid, he laughs all the time. We were talking the other day when I first got here and decided to set some goals for the area while we are here serving together. They just split the area this transfer so the work is kind of slow at the moment. So we set some goals on what we ant to accomplish while we are here. Yesterday we went and met with the two Bishops and talked to them to see where they are at with the ward mission plan and to get referrals from them. We had some good visits, so hopefully we can build that trust and really get the work moving forward. It doesn't seem like the missionaries have really been working with the Leaders so that is one thing that we want to work on. That is one thing that I really learned to do in Blanding because we covered so many units; I guess we were forced to work with the leaders which was a good thing. So I hope I can take some of those things that I learned and apply them here and wherever else I serve.

There is defiantly some more responsibilities that come a long with leadership callings. Today we have to head back to Farmington for Zone Leader Council. It should be pretty fun but it is about a 3 hour drive or so. I guess we do little skits and stuff to report our zone's numbers so we have been trying to do it, but neither of us are very good at that type of stuff (I'm sure you know what I mean). So we will see how that goes. It is kind of fun to get to know more Elders and work with them and hopefully help them.

I like Winslow so far. I'm sure when the time comes for me to leave I will not want too. Just like Window Rock, and Crownpoint, and Blanding. That is one thing I have learned on my mission...to love the people. I never understood how that could be. Growing up I heard people talk about coming to love the people on theirs mission, and I never understood how that could be. But it is something I would only come to know by experiencing it for myself. I love the people here and I always will.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week! I'm sure I will. I love you all!

Love,
Elder Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment