Monday, July 18, 2011

Yaateeh,
Well it has been a pretty quick week! Sorry i am emailing so late. We had to be at a funeral this morning and then had to go and dedicate the grave , so they wanted us to eat lunch as well. It took a really long time because they didn't have a backhoe so they had to use shovels to bury the guy. It took awhile. The lady that was kind of putting the funeral service together came to church yesterday and asked if one of us could speak. Elder Akaka didn't really want to so I told them I would. It was kind of weird not knowing anybody and not knowing what to talk on. She just told me to talk for like ten minutes. I hope I did a good job and brought some comfort to the family.
We had a pretty good week but still a lot of progress to be made. There is like 1100 names on the branch list. It is good to see some of the people we are working with come to church. We had one of our investigators their, which made us really happy because we were told she was in Albuquerque. So we should have a baptism coming up. So we are excited about that!
We have Zone Conference this week. I am excited what President has to talk to us about this time and what we need to improve on. President Jones is stopping here on his way down for interviews. We have them on Wednesday morning. It should be a good week!
I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all! Talk to you soon!
Love,
Elder Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment