Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hello everybody,
Well this week seemed to go by pretty fast. It seems like it was just the 4th, but it was a pretty good week. We went around and I got to know a lot more of our investigators and see more of our area. This area is a lot bigger then my last area. There are some people that literally live in the middle of now where. It takes quite some time to get out to see them, so we don't get to see them as often as we would like. There was a lot more people at church yesterday. We meet in a pretty nice building for having such a small branch. We still have the same problems here as we did in my last area. We are suppose to have a baptism coming up but people are not coming to church. We have a lot of work to do with people to get their perceived value of church up, and why church is so important. These people come up with every excuses you could think of for not coming, but their is no excuse for putting off God. The Branch list is 40 pages long of names and we only get about 40 people per week coming to church, so their is a lot of work to be done. Elder Akaka and I get along really well;; we have fun together and work really good as a companionship. Sometimes I just need to get him more excited and out working. He has been here for about 4 1/2 months now and is kind of slacking, but the work needs to be done. In the words of President Jones "knock their door until they are baptized." If you have knocked it once knock it again. That is something I'm trying to help him understand.
Today we are going into Gallup for a zone activity. Most of the zone usually gets together in Gallup on P-day's but we are so far out here we don't have enough miles to go every week. I was closer to Gallup in my last area then i am now. We are just over an hour away and in my last area we were about twenty minutes. We are going to play basketball and games. It will be good to get to know some more Elders, and we have sisters in our zone.
Well I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment