Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Good morning everybody!
Well it is hard to believe the transfer is already over again. It seems like I just got here to Blanding and now I have been here for just about three months. I will be getting to stay for another six weeks at least as well. I am getting a new companion. I don't know what his name is. I will find out tomorrow; he will be coming off the plane. I got a call from President Jones on Saturday telling me that the Lord has called me to be District Leader and to train. So since the Lord has called me to these positions I am relying on him to help me because I fell inadequate. Elder Nelson is going to Chinle, that is near Window Rock. So he liked that I was able to tell him a little about the area. This will be his first time getting transferred and I think that he was a little nervous. We did good together here in Blanding, we were able to touch many peoples lives. It is kind of a bummer because we have a couple of baptisms coming up this transfer. One that we are really excited about is Rachaels. She should have been baptised a long time ago but over Christmas they will be having a bunch of family in town so she is getting baptised on December 31!
I am glad that you got those pictures mom. We had our lesson yesterday and said good bye then we received a text from them asking if we could come back. Sister Arthur wanted to get pictures before Elder Nelson left, so we went back and she wanted to email them to you. SO I guess i got your email address right. They are a really good family. It was actually pretty cool because when we went back they were getting ready to ordain their son Chris to the office of Elder and give him the Melchizedek Priesthood. So we were able to stand in on that; which was really cool because that was a first for me. It has been fun to get to know families and make a difference in their lives. Sometimes I don't even realize that we are making a difference.
That is pretty awesome that DO is playing in the state championship game! It has been a long time waiting. That would be fun to go down there and watch. It sounds like most of the town might be. I have to say I loved growing up in Loomis. It has/is a wonderful place. Sometimes I think we take all of the little things for granted. Like being able to raise our family/ grow up in such a wonderful area. I have been blessed with many wonderful church leaders, coaches, friends and the best family I could ever ask for!! When people ask me how many siblings I have and I tell them 5 sisters I get quite a few different reactions. But, I wouldn't have had it any other way!! I have been blessed with amazing sister's who I love dearly and it makes me so happy to see them making the right decisions in life. I have been blessed with the best parents a boy could ask for! I love you so much Mom and Dad! You are everything to me!
Well I better get going! I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all!
this time I can say it for real: Talk to you soon! :)
Love,
Elder Schmidt
Christopher's ordination

 Elder Nelson, Rachael and Elder Schmidt
 Elder Nelson and Elder Schmidt

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment