Monday, April 11, 2011

Good Morning + Pictures!!!

Yaateeh Everybody!
     Well week one of transfer two flew by already.  My new companion Elder Smith and I have a lot of work to do.  He is awesome and I love working with him. The first day we were together we got a copy of our ward list, which is over 29 pages long, and we are going through and trying to see everybody on the list and find the less actives and work with some of them.  We had success our first day.  We picked a random name that stuck out to us and went and knocked on the door.  We went in and had a little lesson with them and then we talked to the dad.  He was an older man and we just sat and listened to him he talked to us for an hour straight. Through our discussion we found out that they are having some family issues and it was good for him to just have some body to talk to.  Then the next day we were trying to find a referral and this lady that wasn't home when we knocked on her door got home and said come in.  We went in and found out that she was a member but hasn't been to church for  over ten years because of something that she had done in the past.  She felt like she couldn't even go into the church building but she new she needed to go and talk to the bishop.  So we are working with her and trying to build her faith in herself to go and do what she knows needs to be done. I feel so inadequate and like i'm not capable of helping people cope with their struggles.  But I have learned and grown so much over this past week.  With me taking over the area I have had to be more responsible and I have become a much better missionary this past week.  We have been doing things that my last companion wouldn't do. We stop and talk to somebody if they are outside, and we will knock on doors until we find a new investigator or somebody to teach a lesson to.
    Thought I would send some pictures. Be careful not to hit the cows/calves crossing.  Yes that is where we live, it's not to bad actually.  A sign in one of the neighbourhoods I thought was funny. That's what happens when one of your recent converts mom gets drunk before his birthday party.
    Well uploading pictures took some time so I better get going.  Have a wonderful week. I love you all!
 
Love,
Elder Schmidt



1 comment:

  1. It is soooooo good to see him! He looks great and is having some fun experiences teaching the gospel! Love him!

    ReplyDelete