Monday, April 4, 2011

1 Conference, 1 Transfer and 2 Months!

Yaateeh Everybody!
    How was your week? Mine was pretty awesome! So what was your favorite talk?  My top two were President Uchtdorf's Sunday morning talk on Faith and Elder Gonzalez Saturday morning talk on covenants and blessings.  It was an awesome weekend! This is horrible to say but I have never watched all five sessions of General Conference before.  I was so grateful for the opportunity that I had to do so this past weekend.  I can't wait for the Ensign to come out so that I can read all of them again and better understand them.  To me it seemed like their was a lot of talk on family.  Family s so very important in our lives. They will always be there for us no matter what.  I am so grateful for all of you and the examples you are to me.
     Well we got transfer news on Saturday night.  Elder Sharp is leaving.  He is going to be Zone Leader in Gallup, so he isn't going to far.  Gallup is about twenty minutes away from here.  I am geting a new companion and takeing over the area.  His name is Elder Smith, everybody we have talked to has never heard of him.  I am excited to get a new companion though.  Elder Chapple and Elder Larson are both staying and Elder Chapple is going to be the new District Leader.  I guess President must have some faith in me to take over the area. It's not a huge responsibility but I have only been out for one transfer.  I am looking forward to it though it will be a good transfer.
    Well there wasn't much that went on this week other then Conference.  We picked up six new investigators.  We are excited and grateful for the work that we have found this week.  the Lord has truly blessed us as we continue to work and are patient with him.  But, he has set those in our path that are prepared to listen to and receive his gospel. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be in the service of our Heavenly Father.  I know what I am doing is real.  I am sharing the restored gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of the Window Rock ward. There is nowher else I would rather be in my life then here in the service of Heavenly Father. I am even more in debt to my Father in Heaven for the blessings that I am receiving for serving him. Missionary work is true. It needs to press forward.  You all know somebody who is not a member of this true and living gospel.  When you kneel down tonight to pray, pray for a name of a family or an individual that you can give to the missionaries.  The Lordf is preparing his children everyday to receive his gospel, and you all know somebody that is ready to listen.
    I better get going. Sorry it wasn't a very exciting week. I love you all. Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment