Friday, February 11, 2011

One week already down...

Hello Everyone! 
Well i don't really know where to start. Hopefully i can answer everybody's questions.  I guess what everybody said was true, if you make it to Sunday it just fly's by afer that.  Saturday was a pretty long day.  We were in the class room from about 9 in the morning untill 9 at night. It was the hardest day to get through. Wednesday Thursday and Friday were pretty much all introduction and orientation days so they weren't to bad.  My companion's name is Elder Jones.  He's kind of a goofy kid, but we get along really well!  We work really good together and he always opens my eyes to new ideas and new concepts of the doctrine. He is really into basketball so we share some sports interests together. Its pretty nice, we are the only two in our room, everybody else has two companionship's per room. So, we get to spread out and have our own space.  I really love my district! We all get along so well and share many interests. I will say that if we were at school or something I don't think we would necessarily come together as friends but we have come together for one purpose, and that is to bring others closer to Christ. I find that I see my self viewing people on a spiritual scale rather then a worldy scale. I must say I love it here the spirit is so strong.  However; I can see why some have referred to the mtc as spirit prison.  Needless to say you can tell which Elders have been here for over six weeks.  They kind of start to go crazy in a way.  Even though I love it here I can't wait to get out in the field. I want to teach people and I can't wait for the experiences.
Well on Monday we had our first TRC appointment.  The TRC program is where volunteers come and the Elders get to practice teaching.  It's kind of nerve racking because some are non-members and some are but they don't tell you.  It is cool though, they have shared stories about some non-members who have gotten baptized through the TRC program.  We didn't know anything about our investigator and after getting to know them we shared about the restoration and prayer.  We taugh for almost an hour which I couldn't believe.  Before I was nervoous that we would not fill the time.  We have another one tomorrow and I can't wait to do it again.  Its awesome to let the spirit guide you in your lessions because you might not teach the lesson that you have prepared but you will be led in the right direction. Well i guess I need to work on my typing skills my time is up. I love you all! I hope all is well!
 
Love,
Elder Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment