Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Just a few more days...

Hello everybody!
Yes I have been getting letters from dear elder mom and dad. It's kinda of crazy to think in just a couple of days I will be packing to head out to New Mexico!! Well i actually fly into Durango, I don;t know why.  I have a hour lay over in Phoenix so I will call from there if I have time to. It would be between like 8;30 and 9:30. Well its been another awesome week. I'm ready to leave though the food here is getting pretty old.  I don't know how the kids that are in here for 9-12 weeks do it. I would go insane.  I guess that just shows how much the Lord knows us.  There are a few elders and sisters from my mission prep class here right now so the sisters want to get a picture and send it to our teacher, so we are going to do that on sunday.  We had a very good TRC appointment on monday, it was our second one with "Kate".  we talked about the Plan of Salvation, with a focus on the atonement and repentance.  Our lesson was actually cut short because our teacher thought we went at a latter time so we only had about 20 minutes to teach. Which I would have thought was a lot of time before I came out, but it really isn't. It's amazing how well you can do when you just let the spirit guide you and you listen.  The spirit was so strong in that lesson especially as I talked about the atonement. It was amazing!
I'm glad to hear that Megan and Allen finally got their own home. That's exciting.  Aubrey do good in track! it's unfortunate that they keep bringing the younger girls up I don;t see why they do that. Just go out and have fun, that's what high school is about. have fun and meet new friends! So have you gotten any pigs for fair yet, or are you looking? I got your valentine package mom! Thank you! I  never thought I would get a package but then I got two in one day. Krista and the boys sent me a package as well. It was fun to get their cards and have something to put up on my wall. 
Well today has been pretty busy. It doesn't seem like there is enough time in one P-day to get everything done.  I got my hair cut and did laundry. I still need to finish all of my thank you letters though. Mom, I will send you a letter as soon as I know my address when I get out into the field. I can't wait to see where I will get to go and the experiences that I will get. Last night Elder Pearson from that seventy spoke at the devotional. It was a very powerful talk. I hardly got to look up I was busy taking notes that whole time. It talked about becoming a missionary, and talked about our purpose. It was a powerful talk and it was extremely motivating.
That's exciting about Uncle Martin's new calling. He will do an awesome job! I know he will there is a work that the Lord needs him to accomplish.  the lord has work for all of us. We need to be faithful and trust in the Lord he knows our path and will guide us down it. Well I have to go. Thank you everybody for writing! Thank you for all your love, and support especially your prayers. I love you all!
 
Love,
Elder Schmidt
 
keep writing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment