Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wonderful Weekend!!!

Yaateeh everybody!
What a wonderful week we had here in Blanding! We were so busy, it was amazing. Their is a lot of work going on but a lot more to be done. We set three baptism dates this week for the 15! It is a mom and her two kids. Their name's are Geri, and here kids Vance and Marissa Paulson. Geri has taken the lessons twice before but was unable to get baptized because she was on probation. Now she is off so we are so excited to work toward the 15! We are very excited to finally get the baptism's going again. In our interview with president last week he expressed his feeling's of wanting us baptizing every week. So hopefully we can begin to get back on track.
So I don't know about all of you but conference was amazing! I loved it so much! It seemed like there was a lot of focus on missionary work, which I loved along with the talks about the Book of Mormon! My top two favorite talks were Elder Callister's talk on the Book of Mormon on Sunday morning and like always Elder Holland's talk on missionary work and preparing during the Priesthood Session. Those were such wonderful talks that everybody in the world needs to hear! If that were to happen what a wonderful world we would live in. I also really enjoyed Elder Packer's talk on Saturday. Those were probably my top one's but the entire conference as a whole was extremely good. I loved it! It was such a nice was to spend my birthday! It is weird I do not feel like I am 20! But I could not think of a better way to spend the day then being spiritually fed by the words of our prophets and apostles. It was a spiritual feast! We went to dinner with the less active family that I told you about and they made some really good Samoan food. We actually watched the last session of conference with them as well, and they have a big theater room with a projection screen and lazy-boys it was rather relaxing... We watched Sunday morning with one of or investigators which was really good. On Saturday we watched the first session with the lady that we live with then went to the stake center to watch the afternoon session.
Man I am spoiled. I got Lot's of packages with lots of food to share with my companions. their is four of us that live together but we are looking for another place to live. But we will work it all off, we work out in the morning's with a member that is a professional UFC fighter. So he tends to think we are paying him sometimes and comes up with some ridiculous work out's!
Well thank you everybody for everything! I love you all so much and pray for you every day! Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment