Monday, September 19, 2011

Moving again...

Yaateeh!
Well, Bummer but I am headed to Blanding Utah. I really wish I was staying here in Crownpoint, but the Lord has other plans for me I guess. I have really come to love this area and the people that I have met. I guess it is true you come to love every area and hate to leave. So I look forward to getting to know the people and the area in Blanding. My new companions name is Elder Nelson. I go from Neilson to Nelson hopefully I don't get confused. I hate to leave but look forward to the new opportunities and people to work with. It is a bummer we are making such good progress here in this area and have changed a lot of things. We have a baptisim this week and we have so many people that we are working with that are doing so good. This week we had 10 new investigators. We found a family that is really awesome. They want to keep learning more and asked if we could come back the next day.
This week we had to do two funerals! You already know about the one on Monday, then we had to do one on Saturday as well. For some reason they seem to take up all day. I think it is because they only use shovels to bury the people. So it takes them like over an hour to do instead of using a backhoe. But this one wasn't so weird they were members so they did it normal and not the traditional way. But it was good. After we got done with it we went to this memorial bull riding. Some people that we have been working with were putting it on in rememberance of their dad. It was a lot of fun. We were going to help but they said they had it all under control so we just went to support. They had a few different catagories of riders. One group was thee 50+ riders. Their was some old guys out their and they had some of the best ride's. It was pretty cool.
We have a baptism this week( here in Crownpoint). It is a bummer that I will be missing it. We have really been working hard to get her to progress. Her name is Corletta. She had been meeting with the missionaries before but they would just come every once in a month or so, and didn't really teach and leave committments. Something we did was just invite her to come to church and set timesto meet. Thats what your suppose to be doing anyways. But it's weird when you actually do what your suppose to the blessings come from it.
Well I better get going. Kind of short this week but next week I will have a new place to talk about. I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Schmidt
6 months tie burning
 Distric in Crownpoint, NM
Jaylynn's Baptism 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment