Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yaateeh everybody!

Well I don't know about you but I must have survived the Rapture.

Well this has been another pretty good week here in Window Rock. We didn't have as good of a week as last week but we did get some good news. Joseph and Joann, two of the people we are working with called the court and scheduled an appointment to get married. They are getting married on June 1, so we have their baptism scheduled for the 4. We are working with another couple that needs to get married as well. They were going on Thursday to find out if they could get a date to get all the paper work. Hopefully they have so that we can set a date with them. They are all ready so hopefully we will have a couple of baptisms coming up in the next couple of weeks.

Well I had my first real "experience" with eating something weird. Yesterday we had a lesson with two new investigators we got this week. They had just finished butchering when we got there and had meat all over the place. While we had our lesson I guess the parents and everybody else cooked the meat. Well after we were done with the lesson they brought a plate full of meat and fry bread. Well if you can call it meat. They told us what it was and I'm pretty sure I wish they hadn't. They cooked the liver and gave it to us. Yes I ate liver! Can you believe it. Then we were about to leave and they brought our this huge blood sausage. If you think I ate that, you would be wrong!!! I draw the line there. That is just plain nasty!

On a better note. Tomorrow we go to Gallup and meet with a general authority. Elder C. Scott Grow is touring the mission. We get to spend the day with him and ask questions about what we can do to help our investigators and how to become better missionaries. I am excited for the opportunity!

I hope you all have a wonderful day and week! I love you all! Be safe!


Love,

Elder Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment